Saturday, March 1, 2014

Deco Pillows

Well here I sit, still waiting for the Hobby Lobby delivery and for the rain to stop...
In the mean time, I thought I would share with you some of the cute deco pillows that I made for my trailer...
 This is such an easy peasy deco pillow to stitch up...with  printed burlap, I stitched 3 sides of the outside, stuffed the pillow in and then stitched up the last side... the hardest part of this undertaking was... deciding which Brooch to pin on... 
 the 'flower' was aremnant piece from a tattered doily.
 a simple cloth flower with an orphaned button for the center.
 a Fleure d'les brooch and I had some chunky 'baubles' that I stitched at each of the corners of this pillow.
 sweet, and certainly different.
 I love finding unwanted silver items... like this casserole dish holder and this aluminum cake tin cover... and yep, in true Grace fashion, I spray painted them and now I have a glamorous casserole dish holder and cover complete with faux crystal knob... as for the 'dots' I struck on those little colored sticky circles like you use at garage sales,,, spray painted the top and then removed the sticky circles... Voila' instant silver polka dotted cover.
 and now after all that hard work, I think I deserve a nice glass of wine!
and yes I know the hat brim has kitty hair on it... what can I say,,, 'cept... I share my trailer with 2 prissy kitties! 
After all, it's like they say,,,  "a (trailer)Home isn't a home unless it has kitty hair in it"...
Happy Trails....

No comments:

Post a Comment